Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends.

Good Morning!  I am sitting here  (feeling a little sick today) with my cup of tea (one of my favorite things) wondering how to begin this blog. Then this Beetles song comes in my head and I got it!!!  

Here is a snippet of the lyrics. . .  


Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Yes, I get high with a little help from my friends
With a little help from my friends

We can take the lyrics "love" out and imagine what we need, who we need and why we need it.  Some people try to act strong as if they can do it on their own and do not need anyone.  We all "get by with a little help" from whatever source that is.  

It just so happened that as I was preparing for my first big presentation (Oklahoma Fashion Week 2013) that I got by with help from my mentor Sheila James-Scott.  We had never met in person (before OKC Fashion Week) but, once we did, we became fast friends and I am so glad that she is a part of my life.  She inspires me with her zest for life and creativity, her warmness and generosity.  Read a little further and find out more about this talented woman.  Enjoy!!!

1.  Tell me about yourself and how we came to meet : 
 I'm a fashion designer who still works a full-time job in the power industry by day. Fashion keeps me balanced.  It's my ultimate passion.  You and I were "introduced" by Henry with Oklahoma Fashion Week in 2013.  Once we were able to speak on the phone, I felt like I had known you all my life.  We had an instant connection and I'm so blessed to know you.

2.  What are your gifts and talents?  I would say my gifts are my talents
.  Those would consist of singing by ear and sewing by sight.  Where they taught or God given or both?  Both of those are definitely God-given.

3.  What is your brand and what was your inspiration for starting it?  My brand is N'cholé Féroce, which was initially inspired by my mother and her love for fashion and sewing.  She always made our clothes when I was growing up and I wanted to pick up where she left off.  She began traveling a lot with her job and never got to get back to her passion for sewing.  I always admired how she could take an idea and turn it into something beautiful and unique.

4.  Where can your brand be seen?  Website, twitter, fb, youtube, etc...  I have a website (www.ncholeferoce.com); Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ncholeferoce); YouTube (NcholeFeroce); Twitter (www.twitter.com/ncholeferoce)

5.  How can customers shop or place and order?  I accept orders via my website or if someone would like to contact me by email or one of my social media pages, I'm open to that as well.  I'm still building up my Etsy shop but I can be contacted there as well.  Just search for NcholeFeroceAve.

6.  What advice do you have for someone striving to create a brand or find
their gifts/purpose?  Seek God first and foremost to help you with your purpose.  Surround yourself with people who are ahead of you and NEVER forget to return the favor to those who are trying to make a name for themselves as well.  Always remain humble and always remember those who helped you along the way, even those who didn't believe in you.  Those people even served a purpose to help you get to your rightful place even if they don't know it.

7.  Share with us the shows you have participated in this year.  This year, I have been involved in Little Rock Fashion Week (Little Rock, AR), Chattanooga Fashion Week (Chattanooga, TN), and Bridal Savoir Faire (Howell, AR).

I love that Sheila shared that people who don't believe in you/support you were also helpful.  It is so true!  They give you the drive and determination to make your dreams succeed.  Don't forget about them... they are necessary.  However, you should lean on your friends and listen to the positive affirmations they send your way.  Remember. . .  You get by with a little help from your friends!  Have a Great Day! 

RE: Interview Questions f


No comments:

Post a Comment