Monday, August 3, 2009

Out of your comfort zone!

I love to crochet! I love to design and create clothing. It brings me so much joy! I am currently working on a new halter top design. It is kinda frustrating me because I keep taking it apart because the vision changes as the design comes to life! It is going to be nice when it is completed. I will more than likely put it on my Etsy shop.

I don't know how I came to crochet clothing. I took a crochet class after school in elementary school. I stopped as I got older. I began crocheting again while recovering from a car accident. I never knew that it would become a way of life. It would calm me. It would make me move beyond my limits. . . out of my comfort zone.

I begin projects, get bored, start something new, and go back to the original piece I was working on. I have to feel what I am making. The yarn tells me what to create. If I begin a piece and it doesn't fall into place. . . I take it apart and begin again. It frustrates me sometimes. . . but, the items take on a life of their own. They are each an individual creation. I have to accept that. I guess like each one of us are different and we must accept eachother.

I was reading about the Samaritan Woman today in my devotional time. The Jewish people had contempt for Samaritans. It was so intense that they would NOT travel through Samaria, even thoug it was the shortest route from Jerusalem to Galilee. Jesus knew this, and to be in Samaria was a scandalous thing! Yet, Jesus went out of His way to prove a point. Everyone is important to Him. We are all different, we all sin, and He loves all of us enough to get "out of His comfort zone" and meet us where we are!

I was just thinking that I take the time to design crochet clothing, I hand design each stitch with love and determination. I have a vision of how I would like it to look once it is completed. I am sure that God feels the same way about us. He took His time creating us, numbering the very hairs on our heads, "And even the very hairs of your head are al numbered (Matt 10:30)" mapping out a plan for our lives "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jermiah 29:11). " He loves us!

So, how about trying to step out of your comfort zone. . . be a witness for Him. . . . help someone in need. . . . attend a Sunday worship service. . . . spend a little time reading and/or studying His word. . . . I am more than sure that He will honor it - "But seek His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well (Luke 12:31)".

No comments:

Post a Comment