Tuesday, March 29, 2011

FEELING SPRINGY!

I cut my grass yesterday and it looks absolutely beautiful, lush and green. I keep looking out of our sliding glass window at my garden. I have noticed that my Iris have grown, my rose bushes are budding new branches and also the weeds have come out in full force!

I thought that I would go out and start weeding today. But, I got lazy and I also got the design bug. Once I start designing a new item I cant stop until it is out of my system. I start creating something with a certain design in mind and then it takes a life of its own! For example. . . it might begin as a sweater and end as a skirt.


So.... currently the item started out as a long pastel striped dress and looks like it will end as a racer back pullover shirt. I will add a picture when it is completed. That may possibly be tomorrow since I am obsessed and am working on it every spare moment of the day! Lol!


As I was typing this and started talking about items beginning as one thing and changing into something else it made me think of humans on this daily walk of life. We start out as children dreaming to be doctors, lawyers, bakers, etc. . . then, as life takes its course our dreams and values change. During this time of recession I find that jobs are lost and adults are returning to school to learn a new trade or to complete their degree to become more competitive in the job market. Im thinking that another change should also be (if you are not currently doing this) is to spend more time praying, reading the Bible and meditating, preparing yourself for the next journey that the Lord is moving you to. The next level!


Change is scary, change is good, and change is inevitable! While spring washes out the old, while we are spring cleaning our homes, make sure we spring clean our lives (thoughts, dreams, actions, talk). Im sure you will be happy with what blooms when the rain dries! So. . . if you are feeling springy. . . make some changes for the better. Im sure you will be glad you did.


"Don't ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the Lord your God,

and I will be there to help you wherever you go"

Joshua 1:9 (CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment