Thursday, December 8, 2011

Staying in the Race!

     I am happy, and encouraged! I have seen my etsy website spark to life after a two year dry period.  Dont get me wrong, I have made sales to friends and family off site but not many sales through the website.  I have received alot of activity, views, hearts, etc, but not alot of sales.
     I participated in the Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday sales with a 35% discount.  I posted the sale on my Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/crochetlovepetals) and emailed friends and family to let them know about the discount.  It seemed to have worked!!!  I have been busier than ever!!!  It has sparked a new fire inside of me.
   My sister told me to add new items to my site which are geared towards winter and see how things faire.  So, I made a few scarves and hats and added them.  Voila,  I got a few hearts and then folks started purchasing them and I even have a few custom orders for other items.  Thanks Michelle for those words of wisdom.
     You see, sometimes we get stuck in a rut and continue to do the things we are comfortable with or used to doing.  I had a vision in my mind of what I wanted to make, but Im not sure that I had a feel for what the customer was actually looking for.  So, because I wasnt in tune with them, I wasnt getting any activity. 
     Since I am a stay-at-home/work-from-home Mom, I dont get much interaction with others and hear other view points.  It prompted me to join a new team on Etsy "Etsy Artist of Color" and they have inspired me to network and try new things.  I am excited to see the success of other very gifted and talented artists and to be able to bounce off new ideas and critiques with them.  I am sure they are gonna invigorate me to do more!
     The scripture says : " I have seen something else under the sun:  The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.  Moreover, no man know when his hour will come;"  Ecclesiastes 3:11-12.  So I encourage you and I also encourage myself. . . . stay in the race, be patient, believe and things will eventually work out!  But, you cant just sit and wait. ..  you have to take action. . . you have to run, walk, work, take action!!!  Things will ALWAYS work out for the best!  I love you, smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment