Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Design Frenzy!

I have been on a knit and crochet frenzy for the last few weeks.  I eat, sleep and play thinking about yarn, design and texture.  I wake up and immediately begin drawing or creating the design that was in my dreams or vision.

Side view of dress

Turquoise Pineapple Racerback Dress
www.lovepetals.etsy.com
Yesterday, the garment that began as a skirt was transformed into a dress.  Once I begin creating with the yarn the garment takes on a life of its own.  Before I knew it, my vision for the design changed.  It took a while for it to come to life.  I would spend a day crocheting and then unravel the entire thing.  This went on for a couple of days until I was satisfied.

I think this year I will reincarnate my shop so that I will also sell patterns for my clothing.  I dont write the steps down as I go but I can go back and figure it out.  This will be a new endeavor for me and will take a little time to do this for each item, but I need to do it for me as well as for other crocheters who can make the item themselves.  What do I have to lose?

The weather is cold and windy which makes for a great atmosphere to cuddle up, put on a good movie and design.  So, the new year brings about new opportunities, and a chance to transform, or reinvent yourself to be what you want.  You are the only obstacle to your dreams.  So with that in mind . . .  I will continue on my design frenzy and continue on the road to making my wildest dreams come true!  Ill take you on the journey with me and please give me your opinion along the way.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment